Thursday, November 22, 2007

See if you can eat until you literally explode, okay?

I told myself I was not going to make a post about Thanksgiving, but I ruined that in the title. I also hear it has become politically incorrect to say "Happy Thanksgiving," but I can think of about a billion other things that are far more offensive to a person than simply saying "Happy Thanksgiving." I just can't imagine this situation occurring:

Me (running into a friend on the street): Hey, Marcus!

Marcus: Oh hey, Steve! How are you?

Me: You know, getting ready for the big day. Have a great Thanksgiving, okay?

Marcus: Jesus Christ! That. OFFENDS ME.

Then Marcus grabs my face and digs his thumbs into my eye sockets until my eyes are smashed and pouring out over his reddening fingers. Painful stuff for wishing the guy to have a great day.

But you know what? I'm not going to let society control me on this one. Since when was our collective self-esteem so soft that we were offended by the words "Happy Thanksgiving?" I'm going to say it to whomever I want, and like it. But, uh, sorry if it offends you.

1 comment:

Joeprah said...

Merry Christmas in advance (covering eyes). LOL