Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gettin' my ponder on about the lovely autumn season

Why is it that autumn, unlike any of the other three months, makes me so willing to just simply sit in a chair, stare out the window, and think? It could be that I am so used to summer, that any change would warrant a change in my own thought process as well. Each golden - or red, brown, orange - leaf detaches from a limb and makes the jump to new ground, new surroundings. In that same way, I think, maybe I too need to make a change in my own life. Something to get me up so I can stop losing myself in the possible destinations of the constant passers-by four stories below me. But then, I correct myself that those leaves are dead, forced to abdicate what was most likely a comfortable perch that was held for several months.

Therefore, I think I'll just sit around a little while longer.

2 comments:

HD Chic said...

cool thoughts....I seem to do the same thing around this time of year. Guess I'm so busy sucking up the summer that when fall rolls around, its a time for contimplation before hybernation.

stevedimatteo said...

I know what you mean, I just kind of get that feeling of "where in the world did all that time go in the summer?" It gets sadder and sadder watching the sunlight get shorter each day. Ah well.